YouVersion Bible on Amazon Alexa
YouVersion Bible for Amazon Alexa is completely free and lets you listen to any book, chapter, or verse of the Bible, your daily Reading Plan, and the Verse of the Day on any smart speakers or devices that work with Amazon Alexa.
To link your YouVersion Bible account to Alexa.
- Download the latest Alexa app for iPhone or Android.
- Tap the menu button on the top-left of the screen.
- Click on Skills & Games, search for "YouVersion Bible" and enable to use.
- Click on Settings, then "Link Account" to Sign into your YouVersion account.
To get started simply say, “Alexa, open YouVersion Bible” to hear list of possible commands.
How to properly invoke the skills/integrations
Ask for any book, chapter, or verse – here are just a few examples, but you can try whatever phrasing feels most natural to you
- …tell YouVersion Bible to read Luke.”
- …tell YouVersion Bible I want to listen to First Corinthians chapter 13.”
- …ask YouVersion Bible to read John 3:16."
Listen to your Bible Plan – after linking your YouVersion account, you can listen to your most recently subscribed Bible Plan
“Alexa, ask YouVersion Bible to read my Plan.”
Hear the Verse of the Day – quickly listen to YouVersion’s Verse of the Day
“Alexa, ask YouVersion Bible for the Verse of the Day.”
Use your favorite Bible translation – select from five different Bible versions that feature audio recorded by professional narrators
- …ask YouVersion Bible to switch to the English Standard Version.”
- …tell YouVersion Bible to use the King James.”
- …tell YouVersion Bible to use the New International Version.”
- …ask YouVersion Bible to make my version the NLT.”
- …tell YouVersion Bible to start using the Message.”
Do remember that to invoke Alexa to read from the YouVersion Bible app you must say "Alexa tell YouVersion Bible to...." or "Alexa ask YouVersion Bible to....."