Concordance search by word on Bible.com
You can use the search function like a concordance
How to start a search
- Type the word(s) you are searching for into the search bar, and click the magnifying glass. On the mobile web select the search (magnifying glass) to open the search bar
- On the mobile web select the search (magnifying glass) to open the search bar
- A list of “hits” (matching verses) will be displayed along with a breakdown of locations (see ADDITIONAL INFORMATION).
- Scroll down to review all “hits”, or scroll back up to the top to enter another word.
- Click on one of the “hits” on the list to open the Bible to that verse.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND TIPS
- To the left of the hits the section where the hits are from
- Bible, Users and Plans. Use these to drill down to a specific area.
- If the word searched for is not used in your version (e.g. Thine is in KJV, not in ESV) you will get a “No Results” message.
- If you now the verse it is better to open it with the regular read process
You can search for multiple words and it will try to find that phrase or similar phrase.