Concerns about Wording in Versions
- We receive all versions directly from the publisher and do not make changes in text
- Please contact the publisher of the translation for questions about the wording used in their translations
- The publisher's web site can be found at the end of each chapter
- You can also find a list of all versions and publishers here. Just select the version and it will give publisher information
Wording Differences Between Bible Versions
- Word choices used by translation teams often vary between translations based on the texts and documents used to create those translations (for example, meat offering vs grain offering).
- This may also include the use of capitals or not for words such as LORD
- There can also be differences between editions of the same translation as teams seek to improve the readability and style of the text in each new edition published.
- Differences between Bible text and audio may also be found in the Bible app. This is generally because the edition of the text we’ve been given by the publishers is not the same as the edition of the Bible from which the audio is created - even though it’s the same translation.
Partnership with Publishers
- It’s only through cooperative partnerships with generous Bible societies and publishers that we are able to use the many versions that we do
- The organizations who provide YouVersion with the versions that we have available have demonstrated extraordinary grace and generosity in allowing us to bring them to a worldwide audience—completely free of charge
- In fact, their choice to partner with us makes possible everything that we do
- We are profoundly grateful for each of these relationships