Set up a YouVersion account for Events (Administrator)
We recommend that churches set up a separate account for events because,
- It lets you keep your personal Bible App use separate from your ministry tasks
- It allows you to empower others to manage Events for your ministry, such as other staff members, or trusted volunteers. (If your ministry already has a YouVersion account designated for administrative tasks — such as for the older YouVersion Live — you’ll be able to use that same account to sign in to the new events administrative site.
Suggestions for setting up a YouVersion account to be the administrator of Events
1. Do not use a specific persons or pastor or staffs private account
- Staff may leave and then you have no access to the group
- You need to respect privacy issues as that person may have other account details such as plans and bookmarks
2. Set up a generic church-related YouVersion account.
- Use a spare email account or get a free online one·
- Do NOT use this email for anything else than to set up the YouVersion account
- Sign in for a new account using this email
- You now have a generic account for use only with events.
3. How to use and protect these accounts
- Do not use this YouVersion account for anything else other than Events administration
- You will need to protect and control the password and email address and pass it on to people assigned to administer the account
- You can have more than one person use the YouVersion account to add event details, as long as they are not online at the same time