How to listen to bible audio on iOS
- The audio function plays prerecorded files made available by the publisher
- A speaker button will be displayed at the top of the Read screen if audio is available for the selected version
- Audio is only available online and can not be downloaded due to size
To play audio
- Select a Bible version that has a speaker icon
- Select the speaker icon (top right). Some Bible versions have multiple audio options. When this is the case, Switch Audio Bible is available as an option just above the audio control panel.
- Select the play/pause button to start, select the same button to pause (stop) audio
- If Show Audio Tracking Bar is turned on in settings (more > settings), the text will advance as the audio progresses.
- If audio is playing, it will normally continue to play even if you navigate away from the audio control panel to do something else on your device. However, the app can also “get stuck” if you try to do other things while audio is playing
Using the audio control panel
- Move the slider bar button to navigate to specific verses
- To adjust volume use the hardware volume buttons on your device or the iOS control center
- Select the play/pause button to stop audio. Note: If the audio panel is not showing, you will need to follow steps 1 and 2 (above) to reopen the panel
- Select the left/right arrows beside the passage (iPad) or to either side of the play/pause button or in the bottom menu (iPhone) to skip back/ahead by chapter (audio will always start at the beginning of a chapter)
- To change reading speed, select the 1x in the bottom left corner of the audio control panel
- To set the audio timer, select Timer in the bottom right corner of the audio control panel
While doing any reading plan, you can listen to the scriptures by selecting any Bible version with audio.
Audio is also available for the devotional content of some plans. Check for an audio icon in plan thumbnails when you search for a plan or filter available plans to display plans with audio.