Download an offline bible on iOS
After you have downloaded a Bible to your device, that Bible version will be available to read offline, i.e. when you have no network connection.
In preparation to download a Bible, you need to:
- have a YouVersion account (select link here), and
- be signed in to the Bible App on your mobile device, and
- have a strong mobile data or WiFi connection
To download a Bible
- Open the Bible reader
- Select the version code at the top of the screen (i.e., KJV)
- Scroll through the list to find the version you want to download
- Select Download to begin the download process
- You can use your device for other things while the download completes
Now, anytime you open that downloaded version, you will be seeing the text of the downloaded file, whether you are online or offline. Audio is not downloaded for offline use.
Use plans Offline
For more information on how to use plans offline, select link here
It is a good idea to download at least one Bible version so that you have Bible access when there is no connection.
Each downloaded Bible takes less than 0.2 GB of storage on your device.