Notes—viewing a note on iOS
- Select your profile picture at the top of the Home Feed
- Select Notes to see a list of all your notes
- Notes are always listed from newest (on top) to oldest (at the bottom)
- For each note you will see the verse reference(s) and the first line or two of the note text, but not the verse text
- In expanded view, the privacy setting of notes is signified by an icon in front of the references(s)
- Padlock icon - Private
- People icon - Shared with friends
- No icon - Public (visible to all in community notes)
- Select a note to see the whole note
- Select the verse reference to view in the Bible Reader. To return to your note tap the left arrow in the upper left corner (iPhone) or Menu in the upper left corner (iPad).
- The description above is for the expanded view of the list.
- You can toggle between Expanded View and Condensed View by selecting the icon on the right side of the Notes title bar.
- In the Condensed View each note in the list contains:
- The background color, if selected (on the far left)
- Verse reference(s)
- How long ago the note was created
- The first line of the note
An alternate way to view your and other people’s notes is while reading a passage…
- Select the verse as if you were going to create a note (this works best if you used a highlight color when you created the note)
- Select Related on the action menu (you may have to scroll to find it)
- Select Me to see notes, bookmarks, highlights you have created for the verse (if any)
- Select Community to see Public notes that others have created for the verse