YouVersion Bible on Google Assistant
YouVersion Bible for Google Assistant is completely free and lets you listen to any book, chapter, or verse of the Bible, your daily Reading Plan, and the Verse of the Day on any smart speakers or devices that work with Google Assistant.
To link your YouVersion Bible account to Google assistant.
- Download the latest Google home app for iPhone or Android.
- Say to your device "Hey Google, ask YouVersion Bible to read my Plan" and a link will be sent to your Google home app.
- To find the Link, click on the Discover tab at the bottom of your screen in the Google home app.
- Click on the Link button in the YouVersion Bible card.
- Sign into your YouVersion account.
To get started, simply say, “Hey Google, talk to YouVersion Bible.”
Ask for any book, chapter, or verse – here are just a few examples, but you can try whatever phrasing feels most natural to you
- …tell YouVersion Bible to read Luke.”
- …tell YouVersion Bible I want to listen to First Corinthians chapter 13.”
- …ask YouVersion Bible to read John 3:16.”
Listen to your Bible Plan – after linking your YouVersion account, you can listen to your most recently subscribed Bible Plan
“Hey Google, ask YouVersion Bible to read my Plan.”
Hear the Verse of the Day – quickly listen to YouVersion’s Verse of the Day
“Ok Google, ask YouVersion Bible for the Verse of the Day.”
Use your favorite Bible translation – select from five different Bible versions that feature audio recorded by professional narrators
- …ask YouVersion Bible to switch to the English Standard Version.”
- …tell YouVersion Bible to use the King James.”
- …tell YouVersion Bible to use the New International Version.”
- …ask YouVersion Bible to make my version the NLT.”
- …tell YouVersion Bible to start using the Message.”
Do remember that to invoke Google Assistant to read from the YouVersion Bible app you must say "Google tell YouVersion Bible to...." or "Google ask YouVersion Bible to....."