General troubleshooting tips on Android
General Android troubleshooting tips
- Check the Play Store to be sure you have the latest version
- Be sure you have the app installed in internal memory—if it is installed to the SD card, the app will not run properly
These tips are meant to guide you through an increasing level of troubleshooting. You Do Not have to do every step. Try one section at a time until you are able to use the app correctly again.
Clear Cache and then sign out and in again
- Select the More icon (three stacked lines)
- Scroll down and select the Settings
- Scroll down and select Clear Local Cache
- SIGN OUT (Settings > SIGN OUT) and then sign in to restart the app
Cache clear can also be done in the device under Settings and then Applications. Each version of Android and manufacturer has different menus, so please check with your device help site
Be sure to sign in using the same method you used to sign up for your account. Do not sign in with Facebook or Google unless that was the method you used to sign up in the first place
Still having issues?
- Clear cache again (to be sure to clear old data)
- Uninstall the app, restart your device and then reinstall and restart the Bible app
Doing only a uninstall and reinstall may still pick up old corrupt cache data
- This will not affect any of your reading plans, bookmarks or notes as they are stored in your account on our site
- You will need to download Bibles again
If you need more help and want to reach a support volunteer
- Please return to help in the app on your device and select Contact Support
- This gives us a lot more information about your system and device to help us sort to the correct group and understand your issue
- Give a detailed description of the issue and if possible include replies to these questions
- Is the error message repeatable (can you do the same thing over and over, and get the same error message or problem each time)
- What are the steps to repeat the error
- Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say
- Any other information you may think is important
- Please send a screenshot if possible
- You can also select Contact at top right in HelpDocs.
- Please select Android phone/Tablet as platform type and answer all questions
For Streak concerns select link here.