Why audio and text is different
Why does the audio not match the written version
- YouVersion does not own the copyrights for any of the audio or written versions that we offer.
- It’s only through cooperative partnerships with generous Bible societies and publishers that we are able to use the many versions that we do. The organizations who provide YouVersion with the versions that we have available have demonstrated extraordinary grace and generosity in allowing us to bring them to a worldwide audience - completely free of charge. In fact, their choice to partner with us makes possible everything that we do. And we are profoundly grateful for each of these relationships
- The publishers are often revising their versions. They may not have revised their audio for that revision
- We are sent and display the latest written revisions and therefore the audio may not always match the newer written version
- Please know that YouVersion works with the utmost integrity through appropriate channels with each partner, diligently seeking to bring you the very highest quality versions we can.