Sign in error on Bible App but can sign in on web - Google Smart Lock
Issue: If you can sign in on Bible.com but get error when signing in to the Android Bible app
You will need to know your password. If you need a new one select link here for Forgot password reset.
Solution: You need to change password in the Android device.
Password data is saved in data of app so that needs to be cleared.
Removing old sign in data
- Go to Settings in your device
- Select Apps > Bible and Clear data and then confirmation OK
- Depending on you Device and android version you may have different menus. Here are a couple of examples
- On Lg (Android 8.0) it is Settings > General > Apps and Notifications > App info> Bible > storage and then Clear data
- On Samsung (Android 7.1.1) it is Settings > Apps> Bible > Storage > Clear data
- This removes the sign in info. You will not loose plans, bookmarks and notes but will need to download offline Bibles again
Sign in with new password
- Open Bible app from device menu
- Select HAVE AN ACCOUNT? SIGN IN from bottom menu
- Select EMAIL
- Select NONE OF THE ABOVE
- Manually type in email (Use same email and password as on Bible.com or other device)
- Manually type in password
- Select SIGN IN
- Bible will open and at the bottom is Save password to Google
- Select SAVE if you want it for future sign in
- Download your selected Bibles for future offline use