The audio function plays prerecorded audio files of certain translations made available by its publisher. Many but not all translations are available for the audio feature. A speaker button will be displayed at the top of the Read screen if audio is available for the selected translation.
To play scripture passages audio
- From the selected Bible Plan screen, tap the scripture for the plan
- Tap the speaker icon in the top menu
- Tap the play button in the center to start
- See audio player information here
- If the audio from the publisher has been "versified" or segmented then the audio will read only the selected portions of the reference
- Otherwise it will start at the beginning of the chapter
- If more than one verse is referenced, the audio will begin with the first reference and play through to the last reading for the day.
Not all plans have audio. You need to find a plan with audio first Tap Plans icon (check mark)
- Tap FIND PLANS
- Tap the magnifying glass to search for a plan
- Search for Read to me Audio
- Select one of the available plans
- In the information page the plan will have an audio icon after plan length and also an icon in the My Plans page
- Open the plan
- In the Devotional you can now select the audio icon in the top right
- For detailed plan instructions, see information here
If you have a limited data plan with your cell provider, using audio without WiFi could cause you to reach your limit quickly, and trigger extra charges.
To ensure the best audio experience possible, we strongly recommend that you connect using WiFi (a wireless network) while listening.
While the data network for your mobile device may be fast enough, most networks may cause delays or “stuttering.” If you notice delays or hiccups, try pausing the audio, wait several seconds to allow your audio to buffer, then resume play.
Since any change in the network connection can cause an interruption, audio may not work well in a moving vehicle.