When you open the Bible App each day, your streak will increase by 1 each day. A day goes from 12:01 a.m. to 12:00 midnight in your time zone.
If your streak number resets it could be for one of the following reasons:
- You did not open the Bible App between 12:01 am and 12:00 midnight for a particular day. This is the most frequent reason a streak will start over.
- You were not signed in to your YouVersion account in the Bible App when you opened the app on a particular day.
- You use the Bible App on multiple devices but are not signed in to the same YouVersion account on all devices. Streaks is unique to the account you are signed in to.
- There was a ‘glitch’ in the YouVersion server. This is extremely rare.
- Open the Bible App each day during the times listed in #1 above.
- When you open the Bible App, make sure your streak number goes up. Sometimes it will take a second or two to register. If it doesn’t go up:
- Make sure you are signed in to your YouVersion account in the Bible App. Select the profile icon at the top right of the Home Feed. If you see your profile, you’re signed in. If you see the option to sign in, then you need to select that option and sign in.
- Close the Bible App and open it up again
- If you use the Bible App on multiple devices, make sure you are signed in to the same YouVersion account on all devices. You can do this by checking the email address in your profile.
- Your streak number should go up even if you are offline but if it doesn’t, make sure you have a good internet connection
- Turn on the Streak Reminder option. This way you will get a push notification reminder to open the Bible App so you won’t miss a day. To turn this on select more > settings > notification settings > push notification settings > Streaks reminder
- Get in the habit of doing more than just reading the verse of the day. Do a reading plan or highlight a verse or create a bookmark. These things will produce a time/date stamped activity moment in your profile feed and will give you something to prove that you opened the app on a particular day
Known streak issues that the team is working on. There are no solutions yet.
- On some devices the streak number goes up even if you miss a day
- Crossing times zones around midnight sometimes ‘confuses’ the system
At this time there’s no option for turning the streaks feature off but the team is redesigning the Home Feed and there will soon be an option for moving Streaks to the bottom so that you don’t see it any more. This should help if Streaks is something you don’t particularly care for.
If you have read through & completed all of the troubleshooting tips above and are convinced that your streak number started over because of a glitch in the system,
- Please email the help desk from inside the Bible App on your mobile device (more > help > contact support).
- When you do this, a streak log will be attached to your email.
- A support volunteer to take a look at the log and investigate the problem.
- If you did something in the app besides read the verse of the day, include a screenshot of what you did and attach it to your email.
- It’s best that you do this the same day you notice that your streak number did not go up. If you wait until your streak number resets to 1, it will be harder to prove that you opened the app.