If you don't want to add any friends you don't have to, but there is currently no way to block friend requests. However you can turn off all notifications related to the friend feature so that friend requests have a minimal disruption.
Turning off notifications
- Select Menu icon (three stacked lines)
- Select Settings and then Notification Settings
- Make sure Friend requests and friends activity are grey for both Email and Push Notification pages
- Doing this will mean that even if you get a friend request, you won't be interrupted with a notification about it.
- You'll still see a red dot beside the friends icon in the top menu when you get a friend request
- You can just leave those requests sit if the person makes repeated requests
If you receive a friend request, you can decline it by:
- From the Home page, Select the friends icon (two people) in the top menu
- Select X beside the friend you want to decline
To remove friends see information here