To use Reading Plans you also need be signed-in and have a good internet connection. Plans are NOT available offline for Windows phone
For info about how to sign up for an account see information here
For info on how to sign in to your account see information here
To read a plan and mark as completed
- Tap plans in main menu
- Tap my plans if it is not highlighted
- Tap the plan you want to read
- Tap day if it is not highlighted to show the current days readings. This is the plan day menu
- The passages for the day are shown with a check box in front of each passage
- Tap the reference to open it.
- The reading pane will open at the selected verse if it is part way through a chapter
- Devotional content (if available) is accessed by taping today's additional content at the bottom of the page
- Read the current dates reading and scroll down if necessary
- Once you are finished DO NOT tap on the forward arrow icon the bottom menu as this will get you out of the reading plan and into the next chapter.
- To get back to the plan day menu page, tap the back arrow on the Windows phone
- Check for a check mark in the box to the left of the passage your have just read. If no check then tap the box.
- This check marks you passage as read and will help forward the progress bar in the plan settings menu
- Select the next reading by clicking on the passage below what you have just read
- If there is a devotional attached tap on today's additional content at the bottom of the pane
To get to the next day or previous days passage listing tap on the forward or back arrows in the day plan menu
For more information about marking days and a calendar view on the web see information here