Audio is only available if you are online.
You must have a data plan or a stable fast internet connection for audio to work.
To play audio1. In main menu
2. Tap Bible
3. If the version you have open has audio, the speaker icon at the bottom right will be bright
Tap on the speaker icon
4. If it is dim then and you want a version with audio
Tap the Bible menu icon (circle with lines in it on left bottom)
Tap recent or all to get list of versions
Versions with audio have a speaker icon to the left of the version abbreviation
5. The audio will start at the beginning of the chapter
The pause button in the middle will stop the audio
Tap and slide the slider bar to move forward or back in the recording.
The back button will move one chapter backwards
The forward button to the next chapter
To turn off audio and opening "stuck" audio
- If audio is playing, it will normally continue to play even if you navigate away from the audio menu to do something else on your device.
- Get into the audio recorder as above and press pause
- Selecting the phone back arrow will then close the audio player
- Adjusting the phones side volume control may bring up the audio menu so that you can shut off the audio by tapping pause
- If the audio is "stuck", turn off the app and start it again.
Using audio with a reading plan
Audio always starts playing on verse 1 of a chapter, whereas many reading plans reference a particular passage rather than a whole chapter
You can move the slider bar to approximate the location of the verse in the passage
Some versions have audio for the New Testament, but not the Old Testament.
If you notice delays or hiccups, try pausing the audio, wait several seconds to allow your audio to buffer, then resume play.