Bible Plans are supplemental resources in our app that provide pathways to scripture. They can be available with devotional content or can be scripture-only, and can include video, audio or images to enhance our user’s Bible experience. We are able to provide excellent content to our users because of the generosity of hundreds of partners all over the world.We have set up a few guidelines in order to help us make sure we are providing the best plans and the best content for the millions of users around the world who look to the Bible App as a great way to engage with the Bible.
It starts with Scripture. Since we are focused on Bible engagement, plans need to provide Bible verses or passages for daily reading.
- Stand-alone devotionals that don’t require reading the Bible as part of the daily assignment will not be accepted.
- It must be unique
- Since we have a “New Testament in 30 Days” plan, we won’t be adding the same plan that just goes by a different name.
- At the same time, plans shouldn’t be unique just for uniqueness’ sake.
- To see all the plans that we currently offer select link here.
- Relevance is the key
- In fact, we are specifically looking for topical and devotional plans that guide readers through specific topics that are relevant to everyday living.
- It must be high quality, proofread, and publishable.
- The content needs to be well-written, grammatically correct, and free of any typos or errors.
- We are thankful that great content can come from anyone/anywhere… and great content is proofread thoroughly.
- It must be legal
- You must have the legal right to sign a Licensing Agreement that gives YouVersion legal permission to distribute the structure/content of the plan.
- If someone else owns the copyright, then you cannot submit it – only the responsible individual can sign the agreement.
- Is your plan available in multiple languages
- We have a global community.
- Or better yet, do you have any plans outside of English all together? We would love to help people around the world engage with the Bible, regardless of their native language.
- There may be other factors
- Each plan has its own variables that we cannot account for.
- And of course our internal resources and priorities will be a factor as well.
- Because of this, we may not be able to accept your plan at this time.
- We retain the right to decline any submission for reasons other than those listed here.
Lastly…Our style guide is unique, and might be vastly different from how you are presenting your content through your channels. Without a working understanding of how we display content, the formatting process might be confusing. By familiarizing yourself with plans, you’ll also have a good sense of how your content will adapt in the app.
If your plan is accepted for importing into YouVersion, we will want to let our users know who you are. We will be sure to put your name, attribution, and a link to your website in plain sight on your plan.
But first, we’d like to read your content! It’s important that we share high-quality, unique content that we know will minister to a global audience. We would like for you to share your Bible Plan idea through a proposal that helps us see what content you’d like to make available.
A plan proposal ought to be exactly what you’d like to share with our community. It needs to include all the elements you’d like share – written content, video or audio content, and Bible references. Our team will thoughtfully consider your content and let you know what our next steps will be.
How do I submit my plan proposal
- Check out Bible Plans in the Bible App. Get acquainted with plans first before you proceed.
- Submit your Plan Proposal by filling out the form at https://www.youversion.com/content-partners
Thank you for considering us to be a platform to share your content with other Bible readers. We hope that regardless of the outcome of your submission that you will continue to find ways to experience the powerful Word of God through the Bible App!