When you are reading a Bible version, you can switch to a different Bible version (even a Bible in a different language) as follows:
How to change versions but keep the same language
- Select the version short code on the top of the screen
- At the top is a search bar where you can type the name or abbreviation of the version you want to read
- Next is the language you are using
- Next is a list of the most recently used versions. The Current version is listed in bold print
- Underneath the Recently Used list is a grey bar with the current number of versions available in the language you are using
- After that is a full list of the Bible versions for that language in alphabetical order by version short code
- Scroll down to find the version you want and tap on it
- This will open that version to the same verse you were viewing
- Select the version code on the top of the screen. (e.g. KJV)
- Select Language in the the language bar to see a list of all available languages
- At the top is a search bar where you can type the name of the language you want. This may be the fastest way to search for the language you want
- Next are two tabs - Suggested and All - (the Suggested list orders the languages according to your location in the world; the All list orders all the available languages alphabetically)
- Next is a list of the most recently used languages. The current one has a check mark
- Underneath that you'll see either a suggested list or an alphabetical list depending on what tab you have selected
- If you don't see the language you're looking for near the top of the suggested list, typing the language in the search bar is probably the fastest way to find it
- If you're viewing the All list, it is arranged alphabetically. You can scroll through the list or tap the letters on the right side to advance through more quickly. Selecting the # will take you to a list of languages that do not have Romanized alphabets
- When you find the language you want, select its name to return to the version list so that you can select a version to read in that language
- If you can’t find the list of English Bibles, you need to tap the language bar and change it back to English.
- You may have to scroll down to the E section.
- Choosing a language here does not change the app’s language… it just shows Bibles in that language.
- On the bottom navigation bar select More > Settings > Language > Bible Text
- Use the search bar to type the language you're looking for or select from the alphabet 'tabs' on the right side. Script languages are available in the # section.
- Once you change the Bible text language, you can choose a Bible version in that language from the version list
- Audio is only available for a few non-English Bibles, and often the audio is for the New Testament only.
- Versions that have audio, will have a speaker icon by their name.
Bible download for offline use
Downloadable versions have the word Download to the right of their name in the version list. If you see a check mark then you have already downloaded it.